So this is our first international trip since the beginning of the pandemic.
We came to Mexico City during the holidays to visit my parents, since they are selling their house there and buying a house in the state of Yucatán.
This trip has been special too since we got to to see my grandfather as he turns 93 , and honestly I don’t know when I will see him again.
Anyway, we are on our way to Tulum. I am writing this post as we wait for our flight in Mexico City airport. As far as I can tell everything seems ok in terms of safety protocols, and social distance I haven’t felt vulnerable or unsafe here in Mexico actually I think I feel safer here in Mexico than in the U.S.
Here are a few tips that you can use when traveling during COVID
- Wear face masks at all times during your trip transfers between hotel and airport included
- If you feel a little safer wearing two surgical masks we strongly recommend it or use a n95 mask during your trip
- Get a plastic face shield. This adds an extra layer of protection
- Try to stay away from people. I know this is no time to mingle
- Check in online. If you are not checking in any luggage get your boarding pass online and go straight to the gate.
- Travel light. Try to only travel with the things you are going to use during your trip. This will allow you to move quickly through airport lines and avoid crowds
Lastly as we already know it is best if you do stay at home but if you do have to travel remember that safety during this times should be your top priority